Sunday, March 29, 2009
The golden era of 80s-90s when Doordarshan ruled and one after another great show kept us all enthralled. With all the garbage that is shown on TV these days (esp. the annoying soaps in India), these shows bring back good old times!.
I thought i will refresh my readers and get refreshed with the old tv shows.My fav being the circus,fauji,malgudi,udan and flop show.Feel free add more,i will update my post.Here comes the videos.....
Vikram Aur Betaal
Ek Titli Pls keep ur speakers on
Lol i got more tracks of doordarshan jingles will post next.
Pls free to add your choice.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Santa: The Tablets are walking in the market.
Interviewer: What is skeleton?
Santa: Skeleton is a person who started dieting but forgot to stop it..!!!
Santa sent SMS to his BOSS: Me sick, no work.
Boss SMS back: When I am sick I kiss my wife try it.
Two hours later Santa sms 2 boss: Me ok, ur wife very sweet
Santa ki chatri me hole tha, kisine pucha, umbrella mein hole kyu?
Sardar bola: Oye barish ruk jayegi to pata kaise chalega.
Banta: Pareshan lag rahe ho.
Santa: Yaar baap ban ne wala hu.
Banta: Yeh to khushi ki baat hai.
Santa: Lekin biwi ko nahi pata.
Santa bada dukhi tha, kisi ne pucha itni tension me kyon ho?
Santa: Ek dost ko 3 lac plastic surgery k liye diye the, ab use pehchan nahin pa raha
THE BEST ONE ! ! ! ! !
Driver: Sir ji, petrol khatam ho gaya , gaadi aage nahi ja sakti.
Banta: Chalo Phir, wapis le chalo.
Banta: Kal Muje 10 logo ne Peeta.
Santa: Phir tune kya kiya?
Banta: Maine kaha salon ek-ek karke aao.
Banta: Phir kya, Salon ne ek-ek karke dubara Peeta !
Inspector to Banta: Faansi se pehle, bata teri antim ichha kya hai?
Banta: Mere pair upar aur sir neeche kar k faansi de do..! .
Hope my readers enjoyed it...................
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
As a child i remember this rhyme which my mom used to sing for us.Now my elder daughter sings for her kid sister.She makes her sister catch her frock and run around the house singing the rhyme.One day her teacher asked her to sing a rhyme lol she sang this rhyme,which i am sure most of them understood it.
The rhymes goes like this...
As a kid i was always excited to go by train.But we hardly used to travel as my relatives are in and around hyderabad.Maybe once in two years we used to go here.
All images are from Google image search
Thursday, March 05, 2009
1) Was Your First Pregnancy Planned? YES
2) Were You Married At That Time ? Obviously
3) What Were Your Reactions? Atlast got to know the reason for the constipation.Had a good laugh and called up mom.
4) Was Abortion An Option For You? NO
5) How Old Were You? 26
6) How Did You Find Out You Were Pregnant ?The doctor did the test
7) Who Did You Tell First? Went to the doc with the hubby,it he who told me the test is positive,as he went to get the reports.
8) Due Date? Was 14th February,but delivered her on 1st February
9) Did You Have Morning Sickness? It was too much.It made me wonder why people say one should enjoy their pregnancy.Till the delivery i had morning sickness.
10) What Did You Crave? Cherries,carrots,salted pista and cashew, mom's fish and head curry and anything spicy.Survived on pista and cashew.
11) Who/What Irritated You The Most ? The smell we get when we fry chapati.Not been able to eat anything spicy.I have been told not to sit on the floor.In eighth month doc told me not to eat salt,so full month was eating food without salt.
12) What Was Your First Child's Sex? A girl.
13) Did You Wish You Had The Opposite Sex Of What You Were Getting? Yes.Hubby wanted a girl but some where in my mind i wanted a boy,infact i came to know about the sex of the child when i was 4 month's pregnant that was in muscat (oman).
14) How Many Pounds Did You Gain Throughout The Pregnancy? Not much 6-7kgs
15) Did You Have A Baby Shower? No
16) Was It A Surprise Or Did You Know? I haven't seen anyone in my family doing it,so i never had that thing in my mind.
17) Did You Have Any Complications During Your Pregnancy? Yes,in 8th month i got Blood Pressure and my delivery was induced before the due date
18) Where Did You Give Birth? Hyderabad
19) How Many Hours Were You In Labour? 17 hours.Morning at 9.00 doc induced and baby came out only next day early morning 2.10 am
20) Who Drove You To The Hospital/Birth Center? Walked into the hospital with hubby and m-law and got admitted in the hospital as it was induced delivery.
21) Who Watched You Give Birth? The gynae doc and her assistants with their sleepy eyes.
22) Was It Natural Or C-Section ? Natural.
23) Did You Take Medicine To Ease The Pain? No.But asked the doc if i can get that.
24) How Much Did Your Child Weigh? 2.5 kgs.
25) When Was Your Child Actually Born ? At 2.10 am.Everyone were in half sleep except me and my doctor.And the baby didnt cry at all and was thinking why i am not able to hear her cry.Then they pinched the baby to cry.
26)What Was Your Reaction When The Doctor Announced The Sex Of The Baby? I was aware of the sex of the baby,but the doctor didnt tell me unless i asked her.She said you have got a laxmi (It is very common when a girl child is born,people say laxmi is born,she will bring laxmi to you......).But for me she is my small sweet bundle of happiness.
27) What Was Your First Reaction On Seeing The Baby?When i took her for the first time all the pain i have gone through 9 months just disappeared.I was very happy to see her and her small dimple on her left cheek. And also i welcomed her to this bad world.She was so happy in womb for nine months listening only to mama.
28) Did You Cry? My eyes were moist
29) What Did You Name Her? It was coincidence, her name is goddess laxmi
30) How Old Is Your First Born Today? She completed 5 on feb 1st.
Actually i wanted to add another incident but there is no option where in i can include it, that is hubby dear was laughing when he saw me in the gown walking in the delivery room.I called him to ask the doc to opt for a operation.Doc came and said this is the problem with the educated females.
Honestly i have not done anything except watching hindi songs on MTV,i was working then.But when i left my job and went to hyderabad my mom used to drag me to take a walk in the evening,i was too lazy to go out.I was missing my hubby as he was in oman.Maybe that is the reason my kid is very attatched to her father then me.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Everyday morning we both used to sit in the kitchen sipping tea and talking about everything.I dont remember a single day having my tea without you.Those days will never come again.
You always gave me freedom to take my own decision.Without consulting you i never took decision.But now big decisions are taken by me without consulting you.
You have hidden your grief of loosing a partner of 26 years for the sake of your children.You always kept a brave face in front of us,but amma i know how much you cried inside.
You are always modest,when i say you did all those things to us.You used to say i have not done anything great,i have done my duty.
When i was a kid i always used to see what is in your hand when you are back from the office.I don't remember any day without you getting anything for us to eat.When the month is nearing completion you used to struggle for money but you never missed getting something for us to eat.You never made us realise that you are struggling for money.
I know how difficult is to bring three daughters,you being a single parent.Now with two babies i realise the difficulties you faced.
Once i remember telling you about a incident where in a guy teased me and you told there are different types of people in this world,don't care if one person points his finger at you,three of his fingers are facing him.
You never showed selfishness.But i am selfish, for me now it is my family and my children.
When i failed in my viva voice you didn't say a single word,you just said you give the viva voice again.Don't cry and don't tell anyone about it.
As my other siblings say you are partial towards me.Now i confess that you were partial towards me.When we used go for shopping,you used to select the dress colour for me where as of your other daughters you told them to select for themselves.But amma i always have a complaint that you have send me very far.I remember your sisters asked you how you are sending your dear daughter very far from you.
You had problems in your marriage,but you never ended it.I know for our sake you clinged to it.But nana left you in the middle to take care of three of his kids.
You have achieved so much in your work place,you had small wish that your kids should be there for your retirement party,but i am ashamed to say none of us attended the party.
Now your post retirement life is going very tough.You are alone in the our house waiting for your grand children to come over and stay with you for some days.
Mom we both used to get along very well before my marriage.I used to tell you very single thing i do.But now things have changed.After marriage there is some silence in our relationship,i feel by getting married i have lost a dear friend.You are still there for me,but i am not there for you.I live far away from you.Even when you are sick i am not able to take you to the doctor.I know the luckiest person on the earth is the one who takes care of his/her parents when they are old.Your elder daughter is the luckiest person who is taking care of you and your grandson vibhat is there with you.
Please give me a chance to serve you here,please come here stay with us.I know you don't like to stay here atleast for the sake of your grandchildren you come here and stay with us(here also i am sounding selfish)
Your loving daughter